I'm sure you have read and heard much about the bombing at the Boston Marathon on Monday. I am still shocked by all the events and am really still processing it all. I find it almost unbelievable. We live about an hour from Boston so aren't really in danger, but it is still close (I tell Jill I'm glad we live were we do since we only have to worry about cows and horses getting us). This last weekend was a three-day weekend (Patriots' Day on Monday, a Massachusetts holiday) so we wanted to do something fun. We considered going into Boston to see some of the re-enactments and Patriots' Day events, but decided with the marathon it would be too busy. Instead we went into Boston on Saturday. We saw all the marathon visitors with their bright yellow jackets, taking in Boston, relaxing and touristing before for their race on Monday. Monday we were at Concord, probably 20 minutes from downtown Boston.
This is so crazy and so sad. It makes me count my blessings and all I have. I feel so sorry for those wounded and hurt. The Richard family was especially hit hard. Their son Martin was killed and their daughter Jane must have new leg prostheses every six months as she grows. This could have been my children or anybody else's. A special fund has been setup for the Richard family here. If you feel like giving, please do so. And count your blessings.

No comments:
Post a Comment